Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Fabrication - Flooring: Part I

Fabrication has started!

Well not really, I just have made the first cuts and taken the drivers floor off.

Here is the starting point for the removal process. Damage is quite extensive and the previous repairs have been done very poorly. Thus the whole floor has to go!

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Tool sourcing - Tools for repairs

No new developments apart from few "part sourcing" trips.

As the day comes nearer when I start the real restoration of the car, I noticed that some tools will be needed... Well they are not necessary, but I would like to think that they will help my job and I'm a "gear nut". This means that I think that: "the better the gear, the easier the work".
Also because I'm a full fledged novice in sheet metal work, I will need all the help I can get.

First additions to the tooling of the garage are needed when cutting the floors and frame rails off the car.

These I bought from Finland, as I will need them come the next weekend. At least I hope so!

Monday, February 16, 2015

Fabrication - Rotisserie/Sled is finished

During the last weekend I finally have "completed" the rotisserie or as I have started to refer to it: "the Sled". Also I managed to lift Zeta on top of it and make "adapters" on which Zeta rests on the Sled.
This only took few months to achieve so the project is on track... I wish!

The outcome of this toiling away in the garage.
It doesn't look much, but it's sturdy, it's designed for this car and I have made it so it must be very good. Jokes aside, the Sled is rather sturdy and the spacing between the longer sides is 130 cm from center to center. This means that the seam on the car runs nicely in the center of the beams as one can see from the following pictures... sort of.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Fabrication - Rotisserie II

After the last update I have made the feet for the rotisserie, cleaned up the garage and made an auxiliary tank for the air-system. Also a lot of time has passed since last update!

Here is a start for my auxiliary tank for the air-system (all installed now, but no picture)
This way the capacity is doubled to 100 litres and the compressor need not to run as frequent as before when using air tools. These tanks will be connected with a hose and therefore will run in parallel. After the tear-down, I also have parts for the running compressor as the units are identical.