During the last two weekends I have cut the car even more, but I have even made some new panels to compensate!
Without further ado, lets get the show going...
I have noticed that this taping method is rather fast and efficient. You can tape over the needed area, outline the needed form and then transfer the "schematic" to the sheet metal.
Could be even faster method than CAD (Cardboard Aided Design)...
I clamped the panel tightly and got cracking!
After this, I just welded from the other side also... just to make sure as this is somewhat a load bearing part!
A bit more complex shape but still rather easy with the tape method.
Still need to use it when welding the floors to the now formed flanges as the assembly is "leaning" a bit towards the transmission tunnel.
No biggies, just need to ratchet it couple centimetres... easy in theory!
I will grind the welds and prep them as nicely as I can. Better not leave them as such when all other sides of the project are made as best as possible!
So this kind of update this time.
Some advances have been made and I found out, that I truly can weld this sheet metal work!
A load has been lifted off my shoulders, as I was a bit worried that is the car salvageable.
It might be now!