Sunday, July 19, 2015

Supporting tasks for the project - Garage III

Saturday did not go as planned with the project... My goal was to wake up early, drive to the garage (1 hour drive) and make some new patch panels. Almost all of this happened, but not the patch panels!

Sometime last week, I had an epiphany: Why don't I use my now vacant Ikea Jerker as a welding table and make a "machining center" to the garage? I thought that I would do that and still have time for some patch panel fabrication, but as always I got a bit carried away!

On to the pictorial review of the work day!

Some readers (if I have any) may remember, that the garage looked something like this... the tool carts were easily available and there was ample table space.
Unfortunately there was no room for a column drill and grinder and the space below the other pallet shelf was full of "stuff".

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Fabrication - Patch panels: Part II


Summer holiday has been dealt with and some progress has been made!

I have made few patch panels and now there is more new sheet metal in the left front fender well than old metal and even the lower part of the suspension tower got rebuilt.

Also my friend shot blasted some parts for me again. Should be easier to weld new coil-over tubes to the hub assemblies and paint the parts when the time comes. Might be that my friend will have to shot blast them again before paint if rust gets to the parts.

Let the picture avalanche commence!

Suspension parts loaded in a container and going to my friends house to be shot blasted along with some "bribes" for his hard work.