Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Fabrication - Patch panels: Part VII

This time around I'm still messing with the left rocker panel, but some progress has been made!


As the keen eyed reader might notice, the left rocker panel is gone as a whole and so is the front corner of the rear arch.
There were three layers of metal on top of each other and all of them crusty rusty. I'm no expert, but it might not have been the best structure.

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Fabrication - Patch panels: Part VI

Well... this update is a bit more gloomier as I have realized how much there is work to be done and how much I need to learn when I'm doing this stuff.

Might have picked an easier first project!

I cut the front part of the rocker panel cleanly off as it was long gone... all battered and rusty.

Supporting tasks for the project - Garage VI and Rotisserie pick up points

I'm on a roll with these updates...


Driveline - Nissan R230: Part I

As stated in the last post, I acquired a new to me diff.

I came across a really cheap (80 euros) Z32TT R230 differential in England and could not resist so I bought it and had it shipped to me. 
I also bought two pairs of CV-shafts so now I only need the correct length drive shafts and adapters and my set up is complete (for the time being).


Fabrication - Patch panels: Part V

This update deals about what happened few (or four) weekends ago.

I continued with the upper frame by drilling 8mm holes for plug welds and then welding them up.