Sunday, October 30, 2016

Fabrication - Patch panels: Part X

This time a quick and dirty update as was the visit to the car.

Around 6 hours was spent with these "achievements", but one can only wonder why and how it took so much time...

First part of the left rear valance/corner patch. A bit difficult to weld it on as the original metal is heavily pitted/rusted, but still reasonably sound.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Fabrication - Patch panels: Part IX

Well it's Monday now so once again my timetables did not hold.

Well nevertheless, here is the update.


First job was to mark the inner quarter panels to be cut.
I decided that I would like to make a similar shape as the original corners, so I measured 5cm upwards from the cut line.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Fabrication - Patch panels: Part VIII

This time around post gathers happenings from three different weekends, so it's a "bit" long one and picture rich.

Lets start by welding some metal back... and taking some more out.


I manned up and welded this piece in that I have made few months ago.
The reason for this delay was that I was hesitant about those dimples I made. Then I figured that I can always take it out or refine it more when I have the proper tools to make proper "speed holes".